by Robert C. Hunsicker
"At the time of his death, Roger Hane was the best illustrator in America."
- Milton Glaser, Designer-Illustrator
"Roger Hane had become an indelible symbol
of the 1970s and the best of illustration of that era..."
- Walt Reed, Illustration House Gallery
"Roger was the driving force and influenced a
number of young illustrators with his style of
surreal, fantasy, editorial illustration."
- Charles Santore, Illustrator
"Roger died much too early, without enough time
to fully unveil his most personal artistic voice."
- Marshall Arisman, Award Winning Illustrator Masters of Illustration Chair, School of Visual Arts
"Roger Hane's illustrations were an inspiration to all of us in the professional illustration community at a time when the field was in great stylist flux."
- Barron Storey, Award Winning Illustrator & Art Professor
"Roger was never jaded; he was his most severe critic."
- Frank Metz, New York Magazine
"Roger was very clever, he had to be more inventive with his subject matter in order to stay ahead."
- Wilson McLean, Illustrator
"Roger Hane died for nothing, which is the most difficult and absurd thing of all."
- Pete Hamill, New York Post