Everybody wants to co-opt the term "Cutting Edge." To truly be cutting-edge, one must push the envelope and test the boundaries of conventional thought. The EDGE is filled with stories by and about the world's greatest cutting-edge creators. These are tales from the EDGE. This collection
celebrates the 10th anniversary of Vanguard's flagship cutting-edge comics a
nthology, EDGE, with a softcover tour-de-force packed with new works by the world's greatest artists! These top artists have riveted the world with their visionary contributions to fine art, comics, film and illustration. Best-selling author Neil Gaiman, Smithsonian Institute's Marshall Arisman, Sandman cover artist Dave McKean, award-winning Time magazine illustrator Barron Storey, groundbreaking Electra Assassin graphic novelist Bill Sienkiewicz, Marilyn Manson poster artist Justin Hampton, award-winning writer/director/producer Brian McDonald, Kabuki creator David Mack, Mosquito Coast author Paul Theroux and multi-media innovator Steranko all contribute to this tome.
ALTERNATE COVERS BY DAVE McKEAN & STERANKO!|
- "Mr. X" -Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean team up for 8 pages of sequential storytelling.
- "Beyond the Clash" -Society of Illustrators Gold Medal winner Barron Storey contemplates the loss of musical visionaries John Cage and Frank Zappa.
- "Frogs" -Wizard magazine named Steranko one of the all-time Top 5 Most Influential Comics Creators. For EDGE, Steranko contributes a unique 12-page visual storytelling experiment.
- "Sex on the Brain" -About Justin Hampton, Rolling Stone said, "Hampton's posters have mass appeal" and Comics Journal said, "A serious visual talent." Hampton teams with Brian McDonald, the award-winning writer/director/producer of the HBO and Cinemax short, White Face, for this crazy capper.
- "Endangered Species Cook Book" -The School of Visual Arts' Masters of Illustration chairman, Marshal Arisman serves up this most-politically-incorrect treat with Paul Theroux, author of The Mosquito Coast and Dr. Slaughter which have both been made into successful films.
- "Stone Cold Fever" -The EDGE's master of ceremonies, J. David Spurlock provides this tale of a rock star caught in a dimensional vortex of excess.
All this plus Kabuki creator David Mack,
Matrix artist Bill Sienkiewicz
and more in the EDGE.
Author: Neil Gaiman, Steranko, Paul Theroux, etc.
Editor: J. David Spurlock
ISBN: 1-887591-46-X (McKean cover)
ISBN: 1-887591-47-8 (Steranko cover)
Illustrators: Dave McKean, Steranko, Barron Storey
Trim: 6-5/8 x 10-3/16
Send completed Order Form and $19.95 +$3.95 S&H
(specify McKean cover 1-887591-46-X, or Steranko cover 1-887591-47-8) to:
Email Vanguard Productions Order Form
575 Prospect Street, Suite 301
Lakewood, NJ 08701
Vanguard Home Page
Copyright 2004 Vanguard Productions.All rights reserved.